EIACP (Environmental Information, Awareness, Capacity Building and Livelihood Programme) is a network of subject-specific centres located in various institutions throughout India. The focal point of the 60 EIACP centres in India is at the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, New Delhi, which further serves as the Regional Service Centre (RSC) for INFOTERRA, the global information network of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to cater to environment information needs in the South Asian sub-region. The primary objective of all EIACP centres is to collect, collate, store, and disseminate environment-related information to various user groups, including researchers, policy planners, and decision-makers.
The EIACP Resource Partner (formerly known as ENVIS) on Avian Ecology at the Bombay Natural History Society was set up in June 1996 to serve as a source of information on Avian Ecology.
- Objectives of the EIACP Centre at BNHS
- To establish and maintain a database on Avian Ecology
- Publish and distribute BUCEROS and other informative products
- To upload the database on the website using the internet and provide knowledge to the users
- Spread information on birds through doubt clearance service and organize workshops
- To conduct various certificate courses under the Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP)
- Conduct capacity-building programs approved by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC)
- Organize mass awareness campaigns and activities on Mission LiFE as per the direction of MoEF&CC